Here are the steps to add text or an image to your footer on a WordPress site:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Appearance > Editor.
- In the Templates section on the right side, click on the Theme Footer (footer.php) file.
- Look for the section of the code that controls the footer. It will typically have a div with an ID or class of “footer” or “site-footer.”
- Add your text or image to the footer code. If you want to add text, simply insert the text where you want it to appear. If you want to add an image, use the following code:
<img src="image-URL" alt="image-description">
- Click on the Update File button to save your changes.
- Check your site’s footer to ensure that the text or image has been added correctly.
It’s worth mentioning that some themes may have a different way to add text or images to the footer, such as using widgets, and some may not allow direct editing to the footer.php file, in that case, you may need to use a plugin or contact the theme’s developer for support.